Perfect Yogurt Recipe

This is by far the best recipe for yogurt I have ever found! And don't ask me where I got it, because I couldn't tell you!! =) It does come out perfect EVERY time!

Prep time: 15 mins
Sit time: 7 hours

8 cups whole milk heated on stove in pot to 185 F
Cool in cold water to 110 F
Add 3 Tbsp plain unsweetened yogurt and stir well.
Place on heating pad on low which is on top of cutting board. Cover with lid and 2 towels. Set for 7 hours. Remove and put in jars and store in fridge. Lasts longer than 3 weeks, but that is as long as it has ever taken to use up mine, so I cant tell you how long it WILL last!

Tips on topic: People used to make yogurt to keep their milk from spoiling. I usually make my yogurt when my milk is a day away from expiring!

Tip: I have to write down the time on a sticky note and stick it to the towels on top of my yogurt, so that I can remember when it's done! =)

Tip: The more cream that is in your milk, the less natural sugars there are. I know, it sounds backwards, but it's true! I switched to whole milk when I found out that I have Hypoglycemia, there is MUCH less sugars in it. Read your labels next time you are in the grocery store, it is quite illuminating!
You can use skim and 1% milk, it will just make a less creamy yogurt =)

Comments