Berry Omelet Recipe (HG Strict and Lib)

This is MY favorite breakfast! I have this 5 out of 7 days a week! SO healthy and delicious! YUMMMMM

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Tim: 5 minutes


Ingredients:
1 fresh farm egg from my sister in law =)
1/4 cup frozen or fresh berries, or favorite fruit
Butter
Xylitol or sweetener of choice (optional)

Directions: I always use frozen berries that I picked the summer before. And I use my smallest frying pan with a lid. So, Turn your pan on high till butter melts, search through freezer for favorite berries, toss 1/4 cup frozen berries in pan, put lid on, turn heat down to low, and swirl berries and butter. Leave on stove on low while you rummage through your cupboard for your favorite bowl for whisking eggs, pop egg in bowl, and whisk until a little froth shows on top. This takes about 2 minutes. Swirl berries one more time, making sure the berries are sitting on one side of frying pan, open lid and scoop with a spatula all the egg from your bowl into the frying pan, beside the berries. Put lid on. Keep heat at medium low and go find  your favorite sweetener. This is a fun thing to watch, your egg should actually foam up quite a bit, I usually wait until it foams up enough to touch the lid of my frying pan, kinda fun to watch =) Once foamed to desired height, turn off heat and fold your egg, and put on plate. Your berries should have a little water in the pan by now, which is super yummy stuff! I sprinkle about 1/2 tsp xylitol in the berries and juices and using a spatula, scoop out all the yummies over my egg.
Breakfast is served!! YUMMMM... going to make one now...

Tip: you can go without the sweetener, but add another 1/4 cup berries (not for HG diet). Berries are pretty pricey in my neck of the woods, so I try to go as cheap as possible :)

 Tip: you can make this a desert too, just scoop some homemade whipping cream on top! or I have it for a healthy snack: protein and fruit is a filling and healthy alternative to chips and chocolate!

This recipe linked to  http://www.littlehouseliving.com/old-fashioned-recipe-exchange-424.html

Comments