Cholesterol and life-style


Interested in staying healthy or getting healthy? I sure am!! This is why, cutting out carbs and sugars is a life-style choice in my home. I can feel the difference and never want to go back!! These 2 pics are of the unhealthy me, in need of some life-style changes!

Check out what this doctor has to say on cholesterol and statins. She is so knowledgeable and even easy for a normal lay person like myself, to understand!!

"Eating large quantities of sugar or carbohydrates puts a strain on your body, causing free radical production. A sedentary lifestyle and lack of aerobic exercise lowers the levels of HDL production, further exacerbating the problem. Both poor diet and lack of exercise lead inevitably to insulin resistance, diabetes, obesity, and an even greater risk of heart disease. If it were as simple as one factor leading to an increased risk of heart disease, then combating heart disease would be easy, but heart disease is more complex than that. Unfortunately, statin drugs are not the “miracle” drug that their manufacturers would have us believe, and may do more harm than good in some people."

Thank you to Dr Rebecca's Healthy Planet!! To see her complete article, Click here.

Cutting out sugar and (most) carbs has been the single best thing I could have done for my health and the health of my husband! I have less inflammation, less IBS symptoms, less headaches and fatigue, less blackouts!! If any of these things are something you struggle with, consider trying a new way of eating! You will never regret it!! <3 to you all <3

Stay tuned for more from me on health and wellness! And check out my struggle with Fibromyalgia here.


I will eventually be posting pics of the new me since I started on this Hypoglycemia diet: no sugar, low carb lifestyle :) Check out the recipes posted here, they are all sugar free and low carb! (other than the sugar free cake, of course!! LOL :))

Comments