Fabric Softener alternative


Fabric softener is not only bad for your dryer and the environment, but it is ON your clothes, which is ON your skin, which ends up IN your body!!

Consider trying something new next time you put your clothes through the laundry. Weather you use dryer sheets or fabric softener in your rinse cycle, it is something that does not come OUT in the wash!

Check out this quote:
"Anderson Laboratories’ chemical analysis of the airborne
emissions of five different kinds of commonly available fabric
softeners was reported in the May, 2000 issue of The Journal of
Toxicology and Environmental Health. Their study revealed that
the fabric softeners emitted toluene, styrene, phenol, thymol,
xylene, and trimethylbenzene, among other chemicals, many of which
cause acute respiratory tract irritation and inflammation"
Click here for complete article by www.care2.com/greenliving

Yes there is alot of speculation on dryer sheets causing fires, etc, but my main issue is with the health hazards and the environment! Not to mention your pocket book!! haha!

So, consider trying this the next time you do laundry. Instead of using fabric softener, try VINEGAR! Yes, you heard me right: Vinegar! I fill my little fabric softener cup in my washing machine with vinegar, and it WORKS!! You don't have to worry about the environment or your health! AND it's is so much cheaper :) My clothes are not any more staticky than before, and I just feel better about laundry! =) Happy washing!

Check out my Rinse Aid Alternative (for dishwashers) here!!

Comments