Butter vs Margarine - healthy or toxic?

There has been a big discussion on butter and margarine since they came up with Margarine! Check out this link to see more about where margarine came from! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150787443196062&set=a.409953971061.206948.719791061&type=1&theater
Here's a quote from the above link:
 "Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.
now, dosn't that make you want to read more? lol :D

For me, I simply love the flavor and believe it to be the healthier alternative. The more natural and less processed the better! I make everything from scratch, I have even been trying to improve my mayonnaise recipe lately, which is a challenge, to be honest! But back to margarine... have you read the ingredients of margarine? On one tub of margarine I saw, it calls itself an 'edible oil product'. SERIOUSLY?! hahaha!! ok, so it's not even an edible oil! NO! it's a product of edible oil... YIKES! That is all the explanation I need! lol :D SO, butter is my choice, for all my baking, frying, melting and spreading-on-food needs! :)

But for those of you who need to be convinced, check out the link above! And whatever YOU choose to use, make sure you do your homework so you can be at peace with your healthy choice! :)

What do YOU use in your house and why? And share where you got your info from too!!

Comments