Update on my Fibromyalgia recovery 7 months in :) April 18 2012

Well, it's been a yo-yo of 7 months! Lots of ups and downs. When I last wrote about using Guaifenesin and the Protocol laid our by Dr St Amand, I had so much hope, so much excitement for the future! The first couple months on the protocol were pretty darn good!! I remember reading about this in the book by Dr St Amand, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia." He says that you reverse your fibro symptoms at a rate of 2 months on Guaifenesin to 1 year of symptoms. The last couple years after major surgery were great improved, so the first couple months on the Guaifenesin were pretty good! Then the bad days started to come! UGH! I was planning to wait till things got better for an update, but sometimes honesty and openness can be big help to someone out there who is going through the same thing as I am. So, here I am in all my UGH-ness!
(by the way, that is me after I chopped off my own long hair so it wouldn't take so much energy to wash and dry it. it practically uses up all my energy for the whole day when I wash my hair.)

After my lovely months of running around like a crazy person and starting Christine's Homemade Creations because I just felt so AWESOME and energetic, I crashed! It came slowly, so that I barely noticed it, but it sure did slam me to the couch most of my day. Where am I at now? I am getting there, be patient with my rambling fibro-fog! :)

A couple months ago I had to start to ask for help with a few things around the house because I just couldnt get it down with out being so dizzy and light headed I'd have to lean on the broom every couple of sweeps, then the counter, and eventually just sit on the floor. Now I have a lovely lady that comes and does an hour of quick clean over my whole house. This is something I have had to just be ok with- the imperfection of having someone else do a quick job instead of a nit-picky job, like I tend towards! ha! When I was feeling good for those couple months, I also took on hosting a group event every Friday for the College and Careers age in my area, and also volunteered to lead the worship at my church a couple times a month. Slowly, I started to have people take my place for worship, and took a couple weeks off hosting. Then a couple weeks ago it occurred to me that I was taking more time 'off' these things than I was actually doing them. So, I cancelled my involvement at church. I still attend services on Sunday mornings, but by the end of our worship service, I am so winded and dizzy I can hardly wait to sit down!

Just yesterday I was making a big lunch for Tim and I, cleaning up the kitchen, and by the time I sat down, the exhaustion was beyond controlling and I sat down to eat my lunch and just started crying, then the nausea hit, and I couldn't even eat after all. And that is all I did yesterday. Other than working on my Christine's Homemade Creations business and posting info and writing people about the online Auction Fundraiser for a school for Haiti. That is something that keeps me sane! I love helping people, and sitting at my computer, typing is something I can do most days. So, I decided to plan a huge online fundraiser so I could still be 'doing' something useful.

So, there you have what is going on with my Fibro progress, it's not fun! But THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!!!!!
For one thing, God provided someone else to host the College and Careers right after I stopped, and there are amazing musicians taking my place in worship. My husband was planning on taking the spring and summer off work to renovate our house, and he is happy to help me keep house too :) And the wonderful thing about going through these awful months on the Guaifenesin is that the Fibro isn't getting any worse, it's getting better!!! These months WILL end, I WILL have more and more good days, its just a matter of time! I did do the blocking test, I upped my dose of Guaifenesin x2 which for me is 600mg bid. That NAILED me to the floor for a week!! and I only doubled my dose for 3 days! So, I am not blocking the Guaifenesin, it IS working, it's just taking me through all the crappy days I have had in the past. But the thing that I keep reminding myself is that this too will pass! And I wont EVER have to go through it again!

We are even planning on adopting! I am studying on the internet for some financial aid for adopting from oversees where, in my opinion, the need is so much greater. They are in a 'rich' orphanage when they get ONE meal a day. We can't even comprehend this kind of life! I am SO excited when I think of having children! Before Guaifenesin, Tim and I didn't think we would be able to have kids (which we can't) and even if we could have, we wouldnt have been able to take care of them. NOW, we are PLANNING on adopting TWO little girls! We never would have had that thought even, before I knew there was hope with Guaifenesin and the protocol for Fibromyalgia! I am so thankful to the Lord for showing me this truth and giving me the hope of health!

I would love to hear your stories! Comment or email me at christineshomemadecreations@ymail.com
If you are in Canada, I have started a little support group for my area in Dawson Creek, shoot me an email if you'd like to be added to the list :) and definitely check out the links on the right for Fibromyalgia helpful links. :)

Comments

  1. I've been exploring your blog! Good stuff. (And that mousse you posted today looks DIVINE! :))

    Just thought I'd pass along a helpful link re. adoption that I found (we're thinking along those lines too, for some point in the future.) You may have already found it, but it's an awesome site.

    http://waitingtobelong.ca/

    Thanks too for sharing your journey with fibromyalgia. It's encouraging to read of your hope through it.

    Kelly R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, thanks so much! I will totally take a look at your link and let you know! :) I'm SUPER excited that you are thinking of adopting too, it's nice to know others out there heading down the same road :)

    ooh, and definitely let me know what you think of the mousse!! I just finished up the last of it yesterday, and I am thinking I may need some more very soon! num num! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment