Homemade Burgers Recipe (Hypoglycemia diet Strict)

Low carb burgers don't have to feel like a huge loss!!!  For me, the huge plunge in energy that I experience later in the day from cheating on my diet isn't worth it, and everyone including myself, suffers!

What I needed was something that made it feel like I wasn't missing out on all the yummy stuff of a burger! SO, if you like the zip of Ketchup, never skip the tomato and the dill pickles. If you like the creamy and juicy, never skip on the mayo. And if you like to eat it with your hands, use a pile of lettuce under and on top. I tried the lettuce on one side and half a bun on the other side the last time I ate it with my hands, and I didn't even notice the difference! So, this time, I skipped the bun altogether, and didn't even miss it!! :D YAY ME!!! :D I got out my steak knife and cut into it like it was the juiciest, yummiest burger I'd ever seen, and it WAS!! :D

My husband whips up these burgers so easily, so be advised: my measurements are guesstimates :D

1 lb hamberger
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp Mustard
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise

Mix with hands, make into patties. BBQ on high for 10 mins :)

Place slices of cheese on burgers, BBQ another minute or until cheese melts.

Serve with mustard (usually sugar free), Mayonnaise (may have to make your own to get sugar free), lettuce, tomatoes, dill pickles. steamed broccoli for a side dish. Enjoy! :D

Tip:  If you are NOT on the Hypoglycemic Diet, then go ahead and eat this delicious burger with a healthy whole wheat bun! STILL just as Yummy! :D

Tip: Steam broccoli or have sauteed mushrooms on the side too! Or BBQ some kabobs with a bunch of veggies to keep from using your stove at all! and tell me what YOU have with your burgers, I am always looking for new side dishes!

Comments